20 August 2010

::sing:: Our Little Dancing Queen..


..wait!! Has it really been 2 weeks since this??..

..where did summer go???..

August 7, 2010

Miss Adi had her first Ballroom Competition..

.. the Wilkinson Center Ballroom at BYU..

This was like, real stuff..

DanceSport..

"The" Ballroom Competitions..

Adi was in it!!


Adi & Blake, warming up in the hall..
{keeping her chin up!!}




..some last minute instructions..


Then.. Performance Time!!

I think I have finally got smart in my old age..

Davy took pictures,

Chelsea took video,

So I could cry..

What is that??

ANYTHING my kids do..

..makes me cry..

{in a good way!}

..lining up..

..walking out..
{I love her arm!}
..waiting for the music to start..

..and they're dancing!..
{the judge on the right smiled at
Adi & Blake like this
the whole performance}










..awards time..

..of course, as the mom,

I thought they were the best..


..the realization sets in..
..LAST COUPLE STANDING..

It's true!!

They took first place!!

We were all just a little excited!!

{do you blame us???}


..wearing their medals!!..



..after each section was over,

..there was "free dance" time..

..so cute Blake came and asked Adi to dance..





..one more photo!!..

..they won in the Elementary division, ages 6-12..

..they were the youngest couple competing!!

{not bad for an 8 & 9 year old!!}


5 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

Wow, I'm amazed and so impressed. They look like they had fun and what a blast to take 1st place in their division! Congrats Addi and Mommy!

chelseakate said...

GOOOO ADI & BLAKE!!
This was freaking awesome. They're darling...and the best! :)

Unknown said...

I'm thinking Dancing With the Stars!

Julie M said...

That is so awesome and SO CUTE!!!!!

the Browns said...

We are so proud of you Adi.. You look like a real pro!!!