20 August 2009

Sometimes life doesn't go as planned..

San Francisco Trip - August 14-16

Well, I'm sure you've all been DYING to hear about our anniversary trip, and wondering why on earth its taken me so long to post all the details!!

Let's just say we had some changes of plans while there..

We checked into our hotel at about 1:00 and all Davy wanted to do was take a nap.. We did eat lunch first (in the hotel's restaurant)

Then.. 1:45, nappy time for Davy {I didn't know at the time this would be the theme and trend for the weekend..}

I woke him up around 5:30, and we went and walked to Westfield Center mall, where I ate in the food court (he ate some yogurt)

Davy didn't feel much like looking around, so we walked over (at 6:30) to the Orpheum Theatre (even though our show didn't start until 8:00) 

{did I mention, the most terrifying area I've ever been in my life?? In the light, I was scared to death we were going to be mugged, attacked, murdered, etc..}

Davy in front of the Orpheum..
Wicked - LOVED it!!

We walked back to our hotel (luckily in a crowd, so I felt a bit safer) Davy popped some Nyquil and announced he would sleep in as long as he possibly could.. 

He did a GREAT job sleeping in.. Woke about 11:30.

We got on a trolley and went down to Pier 39 at Fisherman's Wharf..

We got to the end of the pier, and looked at Alcatraz..

We ate some delicious lunch..
{this picture is for Wendy - clam chowder - and it was heavenly}

Then we walked down to Ghiradelli Square..

We each had a divine sundae..

I hope you enjoyed those pathetic photos.. That was ALL we took (all from my phone, no less)

At this point Davy was miserable, so we took a cab back to the room.. {at like, 1:00}

He woke at 5:30, and informed me we were meeting Mark & Camille (one of his high school friends) at 6:00..

We walked over to Cheesecake Factory, {I know, nothing like authentic cuisine} and had a really fun time talking until about 9:30..

Camille offered to drive us around town, across the Golden Gate Bridge, etc., but Davy was worried about getting them and their kids sick, with being confined in their car.. So we headed back to the room..

He slept until 11:30, checkout was at 12:00..

We walked over to food court so I could eat lunch..

We got to the airport 2 1/2 hours before our flight..

Ya - it was as thrilling as it sounds..

Poor Davy feels so bad.. 

All I can say is I must have been experiencing some foreshadowing and brought along 2 books.. 

I'm not sure I've ever gone so long without using my voice..

{as an update, he still hasn't gone to work, and most likely has SWINE FLU}

{can't make this stuff up}

6 comments:

Daniel, Brea and Addie said...

We saw Wicked when it was in Arizona. I LOVED IT! How have you been? It's been so long1

Crazy Mommy said...

Thanks so much for the picture of that yummy looking soup.

When did the diagnosis go from normal flu to swine flu. Ack.

Julie M said...

Oh man that's the pits!! So are they treating it with the swine flu drug or are they still waiting for the results of tests? Is he puking or is it more of the respiratory kind? You better keep Adi away from him...wouldn't she be devasted if she had to miss school?? :)

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

Gees that sounds not fun! Atleast you were able to relax and read! I hope Dave starts feeling better. On the other hand yes Harp is going to preschool. It is sad how fast they grow up!

Silvey Mothership said...

Oh no! Poor Dave, and poor you. I'm glad you saw Wicked though- I've always heard it is fabulous. Still waiting to hear if it is really swine flu or are they treating it all the same? Hope he's better soon. I most especially hope he keeps it to himself!

The Porters said...

Um you have a blog too?!?! Now I can stalk you on facebook and here!! So I have never seen wicked but I am feeling like I need to jump on that band wagon! Oh and ps I was thinking I should reenact the whole falling and throwing of the cell phone...just for you ;)