17 September 2009

Someone is 11 Years Old TODAY!!

IT IS TRUE!!

As much as I can't believe it, Savannah Klaire is 11 years old today!!

Happy Birthday!!

As a tribute, I found a few pictures so we could remember her as our "little" girl!!

11 years ago today..
{on the way to the hospital, I was discussing with 7 year old Chelsea how newborns don't have chubby cheeks,
and how none of the babies in our family have any hair..
Savannah proved me wrong!! - Just look at all that dark hair!!}

My tiny girl.. about 3 weeks old..

In her blessing dress..
She was 3 1/2 months old when we blessed her,
so we could bless her AND baptize Chelsea on the same weekend..

on her FIRST birthday..

I just love this picture..
Savannah is 4..

Here are 11 random things about Savannah Klaire..
  • Savannah LOVES animals.. Love is not a strong enough word.. AT LEAST once a day, Savannah asks me if I will get her a dog, cat, goat, snake.. you name it, she's asked for it..
  • Savannah is THE BEST big sister to Adi.. these 2 play with each other daily, always have fun, and very seldom fight..
  • Savannah is a worrier.. I credit this trait to her Great-Grandma Arlene..
  • Savannah is a fabulous piano player.. {we just need to find a new teacher}
  • Savannah had stitches in her ankle when she was 3.. She sat up and watched the entire procedure.. Just like it was nothing.. {her 7 days post-partum mother did not do as well..} She calls this scar her "caterpillar"..
  • Savannah and her best friend, Baylie had a rough start.. They first became friends as 3 year olds, and when Savannah would get mad, irritated, or any other negative emotion, she would slap Baylie as hard as she could.. There were some wicked slap fights.. Baylie had daily red hand marks across her face..
  • Savannah used to want a Komodo dragon.. She would have named it Curly.. {she probably still wants one}
  • Savannah has had 3 concussions..
  • Savannah loves to crochet, sew & quilt..
  • Savannah has TONS of hair.. Its is about 2 feet long and VERY thick..
  • Savannah's 2nd grade teacher called Savannah her "Hypochondriac Turtle".. Which pretty much nails it on the head.. She is poky.. And she is always feeling "sick/injured"..
  • Savannah has an AMAZING imagination.. This makes her very VERY fun to play with, and also leads to 2 hour long descriptions of dreams she had last night..
Savannah is a wonderful girl!!

I love you, and I'm so glad you're in our family!!

7 comments:

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

So, I totally remember those fight. Haha! But Baylie also gave back those slaps. And I love the Halloween pictures. I so remember those. I can't believe they were so little. Wow! Happy Birthday. Tell Savannah how much we love her.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

So fun to see all those cute pictures of her growing up! We totally missed all of that!

Happy Birthday Savannah! If nothing else, you saved Chelsea from having the terrible life of being an only child. Adi was just a bonus! :)

Meredith said...

Oh my gosh! I forgot how much hair she had as a newborn! I love Savannah and have always considered her such a blessing. You went through many long, hard years to get her here and she was worth the wait for sure!

Was that really 11 years ago??!!

chelseakate said...

Dang that Savannah is a cutie and always has been.

I'm glad she had a good birthday. Gees she's an old lady now! 11.. Gah. Next thing we know she'll be graduating from high school.

Julie M said...

I can't believe our little Savannah Banana is 11. What would Hailey do without her?!!! We love that girl!

Silvey Mothership said...

Cute, cute Savannah! Happy Birthday! I loved watching you grow up in the neighborhood. You are still amazing!

teriandbristol said...

Oh my gosh! Such a cutie! I can't believe how fast kids grow! Happy Birthday, late I know. I am not so good at the blogs.. :)