06 October 2009

Chelsea's First Date..

I guess I've been waxing nostalgic..

I started a large post, but realized it would be enhanced if I told this story first..
(don't you worry, the aforementioned large post isn't too far behind!)

Chelsea turned 16 in December of 2006.. (she did get asked, last minute to the Christmas dance 2 days before her birthday, which we would have let her go to, but instead, my Grandpa Mark passed away, so we went to a funeral instead.. but I digress..)

Sometime in January of 2007, she got asked on her first date!!

But, in typical Chelsea fashion, it has a funny side note..

She was asked on her first date by Stuart Oldroyd..

Stuart used to be in our ward (boundary changes).. In fact, Chelsea & Stuart were "baptism buddies".. (for those of you having a hard time following, they were baptized the same day.. hmmm.. now I wish I had a picture of them together on that day.. I think back then it was "embarrassing" to have your picture taken with a boy.. There I go.. that whole digressing thing again..)

My details aren't perfect, but I think he asked her about 2 days before the actual date..

Enter Daniel Tullis.. In our ward at the time.. Actually lived 3 houses away from us..

Stuart & Daniel, pretty much best friends at the time..

So, Daniel calls Chelsea the day before the date, and, in her mind, invites himself along as a 3rd wheel on the date.. {note the phrase in bold & italics}.. She says "sure"..

In actuality, Daniel was asking Chelsea on the same date..
{think a double-date.. with the same girl??}

{this is the part where we, in the Walker household rub our heads and say, "Oh, Chelsea!"}

Yes, you read right, she has now accepted a 2nd boy for the SAME DATE..

That was just the beginning of Chelsea's sporadic, and generally never boring dating life..

3 comments:

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Chels date life- which I absoultly love to hear about.

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Oops, didn't check spelling till after.

Jill said...

Ha! THAT is an awesome story! I actually laughed out loud. Thanks for sharing.