16 November 2009

If You Are Not a Fan of TMI, Read No Further..

It's true..

This is definitely a story involving WAAAAY too much information..

But, as I've had 2 days to think about it, I can't help but share..

Please.. Read no further if late nights and bathroom talk embarrass you/make you uncomfortable..


Saturday night, Davy and I had gone to bed..

Chelsea was laying on the couch watching television..

Quite late, Todd (Chelsea's bf) came over..

Now, these 2 definitely have late nights, but this was particularly late, even for them..
(and a very late start time - had been at a friend's house who goes into the MTC this week)

As I doze, I'm particularly mindful of Davy's snoring, especially when Todd & Chelsea are downstairs, wanting to maintain his (Davy's) dignity and not let him snore like a gravel truck with company over..

Well, at about 2:30, I woke, noticing that Davy had wandered into the bathroom..

He didn't shut any doors, not knowing anyone else was awake, since he was asleep LONG before Todd came over..

Now, in Davy's defense, I had THREE possible doors {our bedroom, our bathroom, and the one separating the toilet & shower from the rest of the bathroom} I could have shut to "dilute" the noise a bit, but in MY defense, I was also tired, and ran to the door closest to him..

REMEMBER - this was all done to "maintain Davy's dignity"..

Well, in his half-asleep state, he heard me run into the bathroom {at 2:30 am}, and in rare fashion - he turned and, well, SCREAMED LIKE A WOMAN..

I have to say, it scared me to death..

And I, in turn, scared HIM to death..

When he returned, we spent the next half-hour silent-bed-shaking-abs-burning-laughing-our-heads-off-at-eachother..

In fact, we still can't bring it up without laughing till we cry..

Even if I bring it up in say, Sunday School..

Or trying to tell the story to the girls..

Or right now for that matter..



*Chelsea says she never heard a thing.. So, I'm hoping they were dozing also??

Chels.. You'll have to let Todd read this.. See what he heard..


Really, what is my blog for, if not, number one, embarrassing my immediate family??

6 comments:

Julie M said...

Ok...laughing hysterically!!!! That's all I can say!

Silvey Mothership said...

Such a funny story! Thanks for sharing.

chelseakate said...

its stories such as these that make me feel really comforted to know the "man of the house" is every so manly. lets home no one ever breaks in!!

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

I agree with Chels. Although he could scream to scare away the robber. That was so funny. I was laughing out loud. I needed a good laugh.

Crazy Mommy said...

I also am laughing with tears. That is a story for posterity definitely.

teriandbristol said...

Oh my gosh, laughing so hard... so funny.