01 June 2010

Our Amazing Arizona {and Utah, and Colorado} Adventure!! part 2

June 1, 2010

Did I mention we spent the night in Flagstaff, Arizona?

We did..

After spending a ridiculous amount of time at the local post office,
{don't ask}
We drove to the GRAND CANYON..

I have been {exception #2} to the Grand Canyon..

Briefly..

Literally, I think we {my parents, sister} once drove there,

stopped,

looked,

and left..

Davy, seemed to forget the Grand Canyon was,

well..

A LARGE CANYON..

His fear of heights reared its ugly head..

and he was quite freaked out most of the time..

and I quote..

"I can't believe there aren't guard rails!!"

{around the WHOLE thing??}




We did part of the Bright Angel Trail..
{if I'd had a tranquilizer gun,
I would have used it..}

Saying Davy was a bit nervous
would PROBABLY be an understatement..

A cool hole the trail runs through..
..and after, there are some pictographs
high on the rim of the canyon..

This guy was really cute
helping Adi spot them!!


I am not afraid of squirrels..

but literally,
this one CHASED me down the trail..

I was a little freaked out..
I admit it..

It didn't help that I was also
hiking a steep trail!!!



Reaching our turnaround point..

Back at the top!!

This wore out the Adi..
{and THAT is saying something!!}
{on the shuttle back to our parking lot}

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh.My.Gosh. Hiking?!! Travelling to slot canyons??! I am shocked and a little bit jealous! That squirrel was very disturbing as were the BATS!! Yikes!! Very impressed at the Walkers stretching their comfort zones! :)

marcikay said...

^^Jill, I am so glad you appreciate the "stretching".. Would you call this one of the areas where Mere & I differ?? :)