02 March 2009

Davy & Mk head to Disney World!!

Sorry about the sheer number of pictures.. [but there are many I left out!]
I'll try to keep captions to a minimum!

The backside of Wilderness Lodge [don't ask what I'm doing]
Incredible!
[I accidentally erased this down farther, but wanted it included, but didn't wanna start over]

This towel-sculpture greeted us on our bed..
A theme I chose for photographs this trip was:
Davy Eating
Here he is eating his breakfast at Roaring Forks our first morning at Wilderness Lodge.. 
(I'm sure you'll be sad to learn I forgot to take his picture the other 2 mornings.. sorry)
Davy in front of Expedition Everest.. Our first time!
[that mountain back there? its the ride!]
Davy's caption for this was:
"I found something larger than my head"
General Tso's Chicken at Nine Dragons in the China Pavillion
Davy went crazy taking pictures at our hotel.. Don't ask what I'm doing..
Dinner back at Roaring Forks.. Yogurt!! 
(apparently still full from our late lunch)
The AMAZING fireplace in the lobby of Wilderness Lodge..
[modeled after Yellowstone Lodge.. just MUCH bigger]
The view off our deck..
Great, right?
Magic Kingdom is just off to the left..
 [you can't see it, but its there]
At Hollywood Studios, it was ESPN: The Weekend
This is Curt Schilling..
Tony Gonzalez
(we also saw Misty-May Treanor on Sunday, but I was freezing, 
and didn't want to stop to take a picture, and, 
by the way, Davy is still down there, 
and sat one away from Jeff Francour on Toy Story Mania)

When I saw Rhino, I just HAD to get a picture with him..
Love that hamster..
Cobb Salad at the Brown Derby..
Yum!
Self explanatory:)

Me, waving from our deck!!
[that tiny person in that top window..]
Out in front of the Wilderness Lodge..
As Davy says, doing what comes naturally..
Buffalo Topiaries out front,
or as Davy called them - Mufasa & Simba
Davy was very excited to take decent fireworks pictures..
Wishes.. (my favorite, I cry every time)


Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater..
[its very dark in here, so picture quality is not great]
After lunch, right before leaving the park to head home..
Now, that wasn't so bad, was it?

9 comments:

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I am impressed with the picture of you showing off how flexible you are. That lodge looks amazing. So fun to go with out the kiddies.

Julie M said...

What a fun time!!! You guys have had some awesome trips so far this year with more to come!

Bonnie B. said...

Fun pics! Have the kids forgiven you, yet?

chelseakate said...

Lucky freaking duckies. I am jealous, agh. I like Mr. Daddies eating pictures. They make me giggle. I wish you would have put his funny face one though, it was my favorite. I'll have you know we've been kind to you this time, we let you leave and when you came back we didn't attack you. If you leave a second time to any Disney park there is no guarantee we won't get ya! Consider yourself warned. Anyway..I like you woman. byebye.

Silvey Mothership said...

Great pictures!It looks like so much fun and I am soooo jealous! The lodge is so fantastic- I've been in the one at Yellowstone and you're right it seems to be twice as big! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Your trip looked "delicious." Jeff Francour is rockin', I hope Dave got his picture.

teriandbristol said...

I personally can never get enough of pictures, it's my favorite part of blogs!!! :) It looks like you had tons of fun, I am jealous. I laughed at all the pictures of Dave eating...

Elder Jack Anderson said...

You two know how to par-tay! You're like two kids who ran away from home to the happiest place on earth. I hope you compensated Chelsea well for taking over the mothering duties (see, Chels? I gotcher back)!

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Sorry this has taken so long. So love the pictures, have no clue who the sport people are. I will need to comeover and look at other pictures. We need to get together soon. Man you are flexible. haha. glad you had fun but it sounds like the girlies did have some fun while you were gone.