23 November 2008

So - did I like it?.. (or story time)

Okay.. Lets talk movies!
Friday night Chels and I went to Twilight.. First I'll talk about the frenzy.. We just had to laugh at HOW excited people were to see this! We love the books, and were excited ourselves.. but, (big shocker) we tend to be more reserved in showing our excitement.. We had some really annoying ladies in line in front of us.. First off, one of them moved up the line asking if they could pay to butt in line, in other words, move up a bit.. they finally paid $15 dollars for 4 of their group to move up about 30 spots.. The part of their group that stayed behind almost got in a fight with others in line, (the lines for different showings were starting to get mixed together so our line kind of made a U, so people in line behind us were closer to the doors).. they were sure that once we were allowed to start moving into the theater people would charge in.. they pretty much drove us nuts! We got in line about 4:30 for the 6:05 show - and got the seats we wanted (when there's only 2 of us in a sold out show we like the 2 front single seats on the side, we can put up our feet and don't have to sit elbow to elbow with strangers) Now - the movie - We loved it, to us it followed the book perfectly, nothing happened that didn't happen in the book.. except I think the movie Bella dressed cuter than I pictured in the book, and her Prom dress was uglier than I had imagined.. Really we loved it and are ready to see it again!
Next! Saturday morning the whole fam went to Bolt.. I'll start with my opinion - loved it!! Quite funny, thanks mostly to Rhino, the hamster.. (now all the girls want hamsters! I have to remind them they don't all have this sense of humor) He killed us in the previews and didn't disappoint us in the show! We even got teary at the end! Really cute! Now.. the experience (really we don't always have so many stories about before the movie) We had pre-bought tickets last week for the 10:20 a.m. Bolt. They said theater 16 and we'd paid the extra for the 3D.. We head for theater 16 and it says 11:05. Davy was meeting work friends in Draper at 12:45 for the BYU/Utah game (no comment) so he knew he couldn't see the whole show if we went to the 11:05.. The 10:20 was in theater 3 NOT in 3D.. I REALLY didn't care if I saw it in 3D or not! I just didn't want to pay the extra $2 per ticket to see it in 2D.. We couldn't decide what to do, so the girls took a vote and we decided to wait for the 3D.. So we sat all alone in the theater for about an hour, since we arrived at 9:30.. Fun! Then a gal came in and told us we needed to go to the other theater since that was the time we had bought.. (ironic, since it ended up being about 1/2 full) The manager comes racing in behind her saying we were welcome to go to either movie and we didn't have to move (we wondered what had gone on in the hall before THIS happened)
Well, Davy had to leave it early, but I didn't have to go ask for my $12 back (see my aversion to talking to strangers in my previous post).. so to me it worked out well.
Okay - not so much reviews of movies, but of theater experiences! I really did love them both! And if you're curious, I don't think it was worth paying the extra for the 3D.. by the end, I'd forgotten we were watching 3D, except I was wearing the cool glasses!

1 comment:

Bonnie B. said...

I can't wait to see both of these!