07 December 2008

Christmas Lights.. Or Lack Of..

I LOVE having Christmas lights up on my house.. This is something that is very important to me.. They make me happy every time I pull up to my house.. I have always put them up myself.. At our old home was able to climb from my deck to my rooftop pretty easily.. They were always up nice and early.. Well, last year was my first year attempting it in our new home.. We have a much taller house now, and much a steeper roof, so I can't just hop up there and put them up.. I used a very tall ladder and with Chelsea's help TRIED to put them on my upper roofline (I have a roofline on each floor) ..let's just say we really thought we would be calling an ambulance at one point (enough said on that topic.. very scary). So, I had to settle for lights on just the lower roofline.. It was okay, but I was always disappointed with how it looked.. (especially since we had so much snow, and they always look prettier with lots of snow).. So, after my dangerous experience, I decided to just pay one of those 'we'll put your lights up' companies to put up my lights up this year so I would be happy with my lights.. Well, being the procrastinator that I am, it took me a while to call (I really prefer to have my lights on by Thanksgiving) (quite jealous of Debbie's lights ON on Halloween!) Well, I called on Monday, December 1st.. The woman said she would have Nephi (gotta love Mormon names) call me to come give me a bid, and most likely put them up right then! Yay! December 1st! Still a good day to turn on lights! Well, I had to have a dental implant put in, (different story of procrastination) and was loopy on Lortab the rest of Monday (he did call, but I didn't return it, see loopy on Lortab).. Tuesday, busy day, but thought he'd at least try to call again.. (thought wrong) Wednesday, ditto.. Thursday, I called him about 2:00.. He had all my information, kind of quoted me over the phone, and said he'd have someone by late Friday morning.. Yay! I'll have my lights up the first week of December! Now, they had my cel phone number, and I was gone for less than an hour.. Sat around ALL DAY.. Did anyone come and put up my Christmas lights? Did anyone call to reschedule or tell me they weren't coming?(I think we all know the answer) So, here I am, wishing a) I HAD CHRISTMAS LIGHTS UP and b) there was snow.. I love snow, and I know I'm not it the majority.. but LOVE it.. (that's another story, and something I don't procrastinate..)

So, all of you with your Chistmas lights up and shining.. I love them! Thank you! ..but know that I am green with envy..

4 comments:

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Okay. So i was laughing out loud. I don't know why. I just was. That is a classic Marci story. Especailly after we had talked about it on Thursday too. I am so sorry you don't have lights. But don't procrastinate and be on that phone at 8:00 tommorrow morning. haha

Bonnie B. said...

Good luck with that.

We haven't put lights up yet, either. We think about it, but haven't done it yet. AND, we don't have any snow yet. Crazy.

Unknown said...

Just for the record, I do not start Christmas decorations at Halloween. My Christmas light guys (who we have used for about 8 years and love, if anyone is looking for light guys) happen to come on halloween to put the lights up, so to be festive I left them on for the Trick ot Treaters.

Unknown said...

Call Mike @ Holiday Help 801-812-2847. I don't know how busy they are this close to christmas, but give him a call.