15 December 2008

Christmas Tag!

As soon as my splitting chisel-in-the-brain headache feels better I'll get on my NEW YORK post.. until then..

Why do I love tags? They really make my day.. I guess its that funny part of me that likes an office assignment.. so thank you, Bonnie!


Christmas Tag:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! Even though its easier to bag things, its so much more fun to open a wrapped gift! Plus, with bags, its too easy to peek! I am a bit of a surprise nazi..

2. Real tree or artificial? 2 artificial.. All about artificial.. used to think I was a real tree girl.. til I had to clean them up.. yuck! AND Davy is allergic, so its nice to keep him healthy around Christmas (at least that we can control)

3. When do you put up the tree? I'd love to the day after Thanksgiving (I like Thanksgiving to get its props) but we're usually in Boise, so the Monday after..

4. When do you take it down? ugh.. usually once school starts.. Not a fan of the taking down the Christmas..

5. Do you like eggnog? as a kid, I loved it.. now, a half a glass (or less) (with 1/2 Sprite) is all I can handle..

6. Favorite gift received as a child? is it sad to say.. I just can't think of anything that stands out?

7. Easiest person to buy for? Chelsea.. we spend so much time together, I have her pegged (my other girls are pretty easy, too)

8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a couple... My 2 favorites my Jim Shore, and my Fisher Price (my girls still can't help but play with it all season)

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, I've finally made this a habit.. can't stop now!

10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? The 2nd year we were married, I received a rust/mauve (that is the only way to describe the color) sweater with matching elastic topped slacks (I never use that word.. but they were slacks) it looked like.. well, not an outfit a 22 year old would wear.. I got home and just cried.. I'm sure it didn't help that I'd given birth 4 days previously.. but I never wore it.. (I wish now I had a picture..)

11. Favorite Christmas movie? Hmm.. lots.. The Nativity Story, Small One, One Magic Christmas, Its a Wonderful Life..

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I think once we're about mid-summer I start stashing things away..

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.. and that's all I'm going to say about it!

14. Favorite thing to eat a Christmas? probably cookies & homemade candy -russian tea cakes, divinity, sugar cookies, ..yum..

15. Lights on tree? of course, its like the essence of the tree.. (sorry, just watched that episode of Friends.. it seemed to fit)

16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course! (and all seven dwarfs.. I know you were worried)

17. Favorite Christmas song? another hard one.. White Christmas (Bing Crosby), Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella (Manheim Steamroller)..

18. Travel or stay home? Stay home! Thank heavens!

19. Angel or star on top of tree? Star on one, Angel on the other (okay.. its Tinkerbell, but she looks a bit like an angel..)

20. Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We all get a new ornament on Christmas eve, sometimes jammies.. everything else must wait until morning!

21. Favorite Christmas tradition? Probably getting our ornaments from a Christmas Elf.. ::to Savannah from Melvin the Christmas elf:: not very exciting, but my kids can't wait to see the name of their elf, and its the tradition I'm probably the most consistent with.. that, and none of us get dressed all day.. JAMMIE DAY!!

22. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? hmm.. well, one of my trees is all Disney (shocker) I think I just love it all..

23. Favorite Christmas dinner? Never grew up with official Christmas dinner.. I try to do a ham.. We buy other stuff to go with it, but generally will just eat it.. kind of like cavemen I suppose..

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? wow.. just a fun couple of weeks with my girls and Davy home (yay!) Thats my favorite part.. no schedule, just playing!

Okay.. I tag Elissa, Debbie/Colin, Melanie, and Tiffany (if you're up to it when you get home from your cruise).. (and a few others.. if they'd start their blogs already!)

No comments: