22 December 2008

Is my husband sweet, or what?

About 2 days in to my New York trip, I could tell I was getting sick.. I can be a very mind over matter sort of gal and just push through like I'm just fine (though in our room every night, Davy could tell I wasn't feeling great) So once we got back home, I have just been sick.. I cough and cough, and haven't really had much of a voice the whole week..

Well, 2 days before we left for New York, my friend asked me to teach her sunday school class the 21st.. Then, yesterday morning her teaching partner called and said she wouldn't be there either, because she was sick.. (ironic, because I had zero voice the whole time we were on the phone) so she asked if either Davy or Chelsea could come sit in with me.. Normally, Chelsea would like to, but it was her birthday, so I just assumed Davy would come with me..

After I got off the phone, Davy came in and asked what the call was about, etc, and I asked him if he would come with me (which IS a sacrifice, because we have an AMAZING Gospel Doctrine teacher, and he hates to miss his lessons..) and he replies, "Well, I prepared your lesson this morning, since I wasn't sure if you'd have a voice today.." So.. HE taught the lesson! How sweet is that?

He must know Santa is watching.. :)

3 comments:

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Cute Cute. I am about to post again, too.

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

Cute story! I love when husbands do stuff with out being asked.

MELANIE said...

That is pure gold!!