08 September 2010

Pondering on Bizbannah..

This is Savannah..

Maybe you know her..

{one of her many nicknames is..

BIZBANNAH

..given by her friend Baylie,

..back when Baylie couldn't say

SAVANNAH}


..modeling a hat she made..
..more on that in a minute..


Savannah has been making a very hard decision..

..what instrument to play in orchestra..

..she's been deciding between the Viola & the Cello..

This decision has to be made TODAY..
..definite pros & cons to each..

Pro - viola - mom played for 10+ years..

Con - cello- size..

{I think these are the main points at the moment}

She was really decided on the viola,

until the orchestra assembly..

..decisions..

..no one in our house is good at these..



I also got this note on my bed this morning..

Mom,

While I am at school

can you call Angie and see

if I can get more layers?

Savannah

For our "back-to-school" haircut,

we put a few layers in her hair..

apparently, she wants some more..

I'm not sure she realizes this will potentially mean

more time in the "stylists chair"

{meaning the folding chair in my bathroom}

She's definitely a "tween"

She's more "in to"

a little more grown up stuff..

but still, really just a little girl..

*sigh*



Have I mentioned her plate is a little full??

On top of orchestra starting next week..

{Tuesday & Thursday 8-8:50 before school}

She's in dance Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday

{totalling 8 hours/week}

AND she has her last Activity Days today..

{every other Wednesday 3-4}

{so will be starting Young Women in 2 weeks,
every Wednesday night}

AND she has lots of homework..

AND she's in piano..

{Wednesdays 3:45-4:15 + practice}

..here she is practicing this morning..
..her recital song..
"Paparazzi"
yes, the Lady Gaga song..
{is her teacher hip or what??}
{hip probably isn't a very hip word..}

..some art homework she did last night..
..just thought it was cool..
{is cool better??}

..oh yeah..
There are kids from the high school going to India,
and they asked the 6th graders to help with hats to take over..
In the last week and a half
she's made 5!!
Savannah!

You are one crazy, busy girl..

I LOVE YOU!!

*by the way..

she chose..

Viola..

*also, Baylie also used to say

BIZBURBAN..

for Suburban..

2 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I think Baylie has a severe speech impediment that's gonna need expert help. Pass that along to her mom, k?

I can't believe how busy that girl is! She must be the kind that likes being busy though. Personally, I hate it. But I envy the ones that thrive on it. She's a go getter, that one!

PS I'm going to start calling the chair in my bathroom the "stylist's chair" too. It's all in how you sell it, right?

Silvey Mothership said...

Wow! Beehive?!! The age sounds about right for all the busyness she is going through. She really is getting so grown up and cuter by the day!