18 October 2010

WDW - day 1 - We're finally here!!

October 9, 2010 - Day 1 - At Last!!

The last time we were at WDW as a family
was September of 2004..

..and THAT, my friends, is a shame..

..we have been DYING to get back..


..getting ready..
Port Orleans Riverside
{the name of our hotel}


Breakfast - Riverside Mill Food Court
Adi & Davy showing off their delicious
Mickey Mouse waffles..
{Adi had them EVERY day}

Savannah LOVES blueberry muffins..
{Savannah had one EVERY day}



Entering the Magic Kingdom!
{oh! how we have missed you!!}


We're standing right in the middle
of Main Street, USA!
{its a song}



Frontier Donald!!
Adi would like to give you a hug!!




..these are our wet bottoms after riding
Splash Mountain..
..pretty sure I've never got that wet on this ride before..



Big Thunder Mountain
{Wendy, we did not lose anything of importance}
{whew!}


The Haunted Mansion
{Chelsea's fave..}


So, we were getting a FASTPASS for Peter Pan's Flight,
and also got these..
..a SURPRISE FASTPASS???
Plus, for Mickey's PhilharMagic??
Thank you very much!!


Davy's favorite Disney treat..



..coming attractions in Fantasyland..
Beauty & the Beast themed
{a restaurant and some kind of ride?}



..also a Little Mermaid themed
underwater dark ride??
Yes Please!!


..outside the "Tiki Room - Under New Management"..
..if you are a fan at all of the "Tiki Room" in Disneyland,
..I beg of you..
..SKIP this one..
..even if you're not..
..skip this..
..trust me..
{and I hardly ever say this about anything in Disney}
{love this picture though!!}


..oh dang!!..
..captured with Zurg..
..again..


Over the years,
with many Disney trips under our belts,
we have learned that Davy does better
when he heads back to the hotel
somewhere between 3-5 each day..

I know,
it seems weird!
But apparently Davy doesn't have
"Disney Stamina" enjoyed by the females in his family..

{this is the point where we lost Davy this day}



..my Tomorrowland Speedway buddy, Aunt Matilda..
..she is an excellent driver,
and can actually do it all by herself now..
..I'm just lucky she lets me ride along still!..



..our tailgaiting friends..



..entrance to Mickey's Toontown Fair..
{soon to be closed to make room
for the Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast
attractions mentioned above..}



Goofy's Barnstormer
..a little kid roller coaster that we get a kick out of..




Big Thunder Mountain
{one of my very favorites}
..and some cute girls I hang with..


So, one of my new favorite activities
is snapping photos while we're on a fast ride..
..I'm not looking through the viewfinder..
..I just see what I end up with..

Here's some Big Thunder "Action"..


..and sometimes, Chelsea can't keep her hands to herself..
..even on a roller coaster..
**have I mentioned we LOVE Disney??**

No comments: