15 January 2009

Alert!!! :)

My friends, he's branching out.. Due to the relentless mocking (mostly from me, but I had help) Davy decided yesterday to get brave..  "Do you think I can eat tortellini?" Then, when he miraculously survived that lunch I got a call last night.. "What about a soft taco from Taco Bell?" Yes, Davy is living on the wild side.. He just asked me if he could eat a Ritz cracker (I love that he gave me the brand).. When I laughed and rolled my eyes he said something to this effect.. "You tell all your friends in blogging world I have lost 10 pounds!! I am doing GREAT on my New Year's Resolutions!" .. Now, I will mock.. Was his New Year's resolution being on a soft (in theory) food diet? Was his New Year's resolution to get his wisdom teeth out? (the answer=no!) Okay, I'll stop there.. :)  

Now, on a completely different topic, 2 funny stories:
1. We have been trying to eat better the last few days.. Really trying to cut down on the snacking.. My kids are big snackers.. Well, my friend Angie was driving Savannah to dance, and this is what Savannah was saying to the girls in the car.. 
"Guess what my mom gave me for lunch today? Picture a sandwich.. Now picture 1/2 a sandwich! That was it! She also gave me a bag of carrots!! Then she gave me these little crunchy diet crispy things.. They were disgusting!! And a water bottle!! Can you imagine me with a water bottle?" 
She is wacky.. (especially since she helped me pack her lunch..)

2. Last night the girls were sitting at the table doing homework and having one of their odd conversations.. 
S: Adi, in your future you will have 28 children, and the oldest one will be 7..
long pause..
A: I hate my future..
(made even funnier because Adi doesn't say her r's)
Those little girls make me laugh..

4 comments:

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Haha. the girls say the funniest things to Angie. They never say anything funny when I drive to dance. Hey then I am doing good on my News Years resolutions, I have lost about 12 pounds. And all I had to do was break my leg. Hmmmm!

Julie M said...

Well good for Dave for keeping his New Years Resolution of getting his wisdom teeth out, then going on a soft diet which made him afraid of pepper & small chicken particles and losing 10 lbs! :-)I'm usually not quite that specific in my resolutions...maybe that's my problem. :-)

And "future" story...hilarious!

marcikay said...

Maybe that has been my problem all these years.. That and I generally don't make New Year's resolutions..

Meredith said...

Okay, that "future" conversation kills me!!