07 January 2009

It's just one of those days! ..ugh..

So, I wake up the girls this morning and GUESS WHAT? 2 girls with pinkeye! Oh my heck! Adi went to school yesterday, just fine, (congested.. not a pinkeye symptom) she is full on cruddy again! Now, Savannah is very mild, but still! Don't they realize this is one of those crazy weeks? I have got SO LITTLE done! (I know I had yesterday, but I was visiting Elissa, she slipped in her kitchen on the 29th.. broke both her tibia AND her fibula.. one a compound fracture.. So, I was like, doing service! My laundry had to wait..) 

Here is my day.. 
  • Chelsea haircut at 11
  • work on Savannah's science fair project (experiment was supposed to be done yesterday.. we're close, we just need some cookie tasters), 
  • Savannah's county report due tomorrow! (why are these so close? 4th grade is breaking me this week)
  • den meeting (yes, I'm a wolf leader--2 new partners with 10 kids all under 8 between them-not a joke, and each with a 5 month old..) so we're doing scouts at 7.. I'm trying to have a good attitude, they're doing this so they don't have to bring all their kiddos.., 
  • laundry.. so behind (enough said there)
  • Davy has a dentist appointment Friday and wants to be put under, trying to convince him its NOT necessary.. this is the guy who wants to be put under for a cleaning..
  • Supposed to be going to the Jazz game tonight.. Dang, probably the only one I'll get to this year, but have scouts.. Maybe the sick kids excuse?
  • Oh ya.. Call the scouts to tell them we're now meeting at 7 (used to meet at 4)
  • Get my dang printer to work (k, I won't really work on this, but I will be angry because it isn't working)
  • Find the memory card for my camera.. I'm hoping its in my purse
  • Pick up prescription for Davy
  • I'm sure there's more, but I'm in denial because I'm looking at this list and wanting to go lay in bed!
Now, I'm sure I sound all disorganized (okay, I am) but now you have to hear my day yesterday..
  • 12:30 visit Elissa (see above) til 3:00
  • Drive 1 mile, taking much longer because of mucho snow (by the way YAY!)
  • 3:30 girls get home, jump in my car, head to Adi's dance class
  • Go to post office, send letters to missionary
  • 4:30 pick up from dance
  • Get home (about 4:45), start making 2 batches of cookies for science fair project
  • 4:50 Davy gets home from dentist, report on his trauma (ha!)
  • Baking, mixing
  • Davy leaves for Stake meetings
  • 5:45 leave to take Savannah & carpool to dance
  • 6:00 arrive at Walgreens to pick up Davy's prescription, which of course isn't ready, deal with them trying to get our insurance info entered (of course it was called in to a pharmacy I'd never gone to!)
  • While there, buy haircolor for Chels, and get stuff for she and her friend to ask guys to a school dance (Morp) THIS Friday (see? procrastination is hereditary!) Go back to pharmacy, still not ready..
  • Leave to pick up dance girls (done at 7:15)
  • Get home, begin supervised baking again, get little girls doing homework, advise/supervise Chelsea with Morp items..
  • Chelsea leaves for doorbell ditching
  • Feed little girls frozen burritos.. (it is 8:15)
  • Hear Chelsea and Sarah's doorbell ditching adventure (really quite funny)
  • Put little monkey children to bed
  • Color Chelsea's hair
  • Finish cookie baking (finally)
  • Help Chelsea dry hair
  • Davy gets home (10:00)
  • Now, sit and watch Friends with Chelsea and Davy
Wow, I may have used my daily allotment of bullet points today.. Wish me luck!

*edit - I got brave and called my fellow den leaders and told them I'm going to the Jazz game.. Yay me! Points for bravery..*

15 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

And you claim you never get anything accomplished! I need a nap after reading that. Seriously. Don't text me for a while.

PS I love that Davy is such a whimp about the dentist. Let the boy have his anesthesia!

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Hey look. I am posting. YeA Me! I loved your visit yesterday. Thank you. It was the first afternoon i didn't cry since i have been home from the hospital. Thanks for the great friendship.I love you a ton.

Julie M said...

2 thoughts 1)friends are ALWAYS more important than laundry...you made the right choice :-) and 2)I'm impressed Dave even WENT to the dentist...hasn't it been like 30 years??? :-) Okay...3 thoughts...way to go on calling and saying you were going to the Jazz game...it sounds like you both needed a night out!!!

marcikay said...

He says its been 23 years since he went to the dentist.. For his pre-mission check-up, but I wonder if he really did, or why didn't they make him get his wisdom teeth out? Isn't that like a must before you leave? Since he has told me how un-thorough his medical check up was (details later) AND his remembrance of teeth cleaning as a kid, I am wondering if he went to a real dentist at all.. :)

Julie M said...

Did he tell you our dentist was later convicted as a drug dealer and addict? That's how great of a dentist he was!! Yikes! My only consolation is that I threw up all over him when he was trying to make a mold of my teeth for a retainer. :-)I didn't realize Dave never got his wisdom teeth out. Amazing.

marcikay said...

No! I haven't heard this! That explains a lot! He is completely freaked out about his appointment, we talked about it on the way to the game, and I thought he might throw up.. Really.. That or faint..

Unknown said...

Seriously - Jazz Game or Scouts?!! Did you really have to think about it? You made the right choice.

Crazy Mommy said...

Okay, since no one has yet offered their services as cookie taster, let me step up to the plate. I am always up for a service project. Me me me. Pick me.

And you know how I feel about the dentist. The more drugs the better. I'm in the anesthesia camp - even for a cleaning. Especially if its been 23 years.

marcikay said...

Debbie: K, were were 26th row, but somehow in these lame folding chairs, I was crammed between Davy and a guy who made me start calling Davy Tiny (like, a game nickname!) who, by the was was also plastered! I saw the Ashman's at the game, so I know where your seats are! (Bronson made it on the screen a couple times, and you have told me basically where your seats are, so, I was able to hunt and find them!)

Crazy Mommy: We will bring some by today! Thanks for your interest in Savannah's education! :)

Unknown said...

There is a guy who sits in the row in front of us that we fondly refer to as Fred (as in Fred Flintstone.) He has the biggest head neck area ever and sometimes him and his friend want to bring their flags from Turkey and Russia to hold up. You know that we are loving them.

marcikay said...

Oo! Those flags are probably so great, AND so applicable! Really making the game more enjoyable for everyone.. I have to say, anytime I've been to or seen a Jazz game since I met you, I think of Brian's Carmelo Anthony story! It makes me chuckle every time! (I wish I could have heard it!)

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

I am glad that you went to the game too. I wish I could go to a Jazz game. Can you see me on those stairs with crutches. Haha.

Bonnie B. said...

Do you need a wide range of cookie tasters? Has anyone from Idaho volunteered yet?

And good grief. That many bullets in one day should be illegal. I say five, tops. After that, you should be free to do whatever you want, so good call on the game!

Unknown said...

hi marci. I didn't read all of these but some of them made me laugh.

colin

marcikay said...

Oh my gosh! Colin???? You finally commented on my blog? You just made my day!