31 January 2009

What is Wrong With Me???

*The following post comes with a warning.. 
If you are offended by the inappropriate, 
especially in the context of older teenage boys 
(and their minds - heavens..).. 
AND if you are offended that a certain mother finds this freaking hilarious, 
PLEASE I BEG YOU.. read no further..*
[mostly so you won't judge me, and think I'm a bad mom]


As the title states.. What is wrong with me??

My darling daughter, Chelsea received a letter in the mail today.. 

It is from a young man, whom she has never been on a date with, in fact, she has only "hung out" with him a few times.. He is extremely funny, and also happens to like her a lot.. (pretty sure, anyway). She really has no interest in him, other than being his friend, and he has been fine with that.. Still flirts lots, etc..

Did I mention he is currently serving a mission?

Well, he is, and that is where this gets all the more inappropriate.. I am sure this is done mostly in the flirty way.. but *OH MY GOSH* I think this is so funny!!!!

This is actually the first letter he has written, and he left on his mission in August..

(and by the way, Chelsea gave me permission to write all this)

Here is a quote from said letter..

"Ok... so I wrote you a poem, it's my new hobby. I hope you like it, and sorry if it sucks."..

So, without any further adieu.. I present to you.. 

ODE TO CHELSEA

Chelsea, oh Chelsea, you are so good
I'll love you so tender, the way a man should
The first time I saw you, I understood
That I would gladly take you, if I could
Even though it'll never happen, I still would!

Chelsea, oh Chelsea, please by my bud
I'm not a bald loser, like that Elmer Fudd
Actually, I think of myself as a stud
I'm not a vampire, I won't suck your blood
And I'm not a fat cow, I don't chew my cud
Chelsea, lets go have fun and roll in the mud!

Chelsea, oh Chelsea, you are so hot!
At the sight of you my stomach turns into a knot
You're prettier than any bride that I've bought
And probably tastier than a Johnsonville Brat
Chelsea, with cupid's arrow I've been shot
And know I would marry you, right here, on the spot
You're more entertaining than 18 ounces of pot
If I had one, I'd let you ride on my yacht
In fact I would give you all I got
The words on this page, every last dot
Every single last letter, tittle, and jot
I know it's not much, it isn't a lot
But it's the best I can do out here in Wat.. (seka)
I'll marry you someday if you like it or not!

So Chelsea, my Chelsea, please give my your hand
I'm asking you nicely, this is no demand
I love you more than Dave Matthew's Band,
Our honeymoon can be in Hawaii, where we can get tanned,
I know you will love it, it will be so grand
We'll live like Hawaiians and get "lei"ed when we land,
Then head to the beach and make love on the sand. :)


(just a note.. Watseka, is the town he is currently serving in..)
(and he put the smiley at the end, in fact, all punctuation, etc, is his..)

Now, you know the rules.. you read this of your own free will, and you are not allowed to judge me, when I say, I find this one of the funniest things I've ever read, and I'm actually quite impressed with his poetry talent!!

Please.. leave me your opinions.. I'm counting on you, Landee, to be on my side..


12 comments:

Erikka said...

I definitely don't think you're a bad mom. It's pretty hard not to find that letter a little funny, maybe even sad. Hmmm... I'm glad I have a while until I'm dealing with these kinds of things, although I know I'll be facing them before I know it! I'll be sure to think of you and keep my sense of humor.

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

HAHA Who is it that wrote this? He is very talented. I am impressed. All I got from a missionary was on the back of a picture saying "wish you were here." Man have the guys stepped it up a notch or what?

Bonnie B. said...

What the crap?! It is funny. Sound like something someone would write at like 3am or something. And this is what came to my mind when I read the poem..."what a dork." (him, not you) lol!

chelseakate said...

heehee..oh gee. that was officially the best letter. ever. yep. he's definitely got a talent. and i'm gonna tell him i expect more rad poems like that.. they better be so good again that they are worthy enough to make it on your blog. baha. yay for silly letters.
i wuv you.

Silvey Mothership said...

Hi Marci! Hope this works. It would be fun to check up on you more often.

Silvey Mothership said...

Whoa! Quite the poet! I agree it is funny. Thanks for sharing.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

A) Nothing is wrong with you. I'd be worried if you were offended/didn't find this to be hilarious.

B) "Make love on the sand"??? Make love?? On the sand?? That is when my Diet Dr. Pepper came outta my nose. Yikes!

C) I'm surprised Chelsea doesn't get letters like this weekly, she is so dang cute.

Melissa Miller said...

You like gross TGIFriday's, but you don't like Training Table. Are you nuts!!?? Have you tried the Ranch Burger? It is heavenly.

marcikay said...

I am actually (finally) over TGIFridays! Really quite sick of it.. I've moved on...

nancy said...

I love that. I wish someone would have wrote something like that to me. I think its funny. Your not a bad mom.

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

You just broke my heart. Your over TGIF's? I haven't been since before my accident. What have you done? You will go with me won't you?:( I know what it was, it was paying $17 for the same meal in New York. hahahahhahah

marcikay said...

I can try..
As long as its not very often..
And only because you're disabled..
(I'm really SO tired of it.. What? It took me like 2 years eating the same meal there weekly.. That's pretty good!)