23 January 2009

Kid jokes..

Now, you may be expecting some lame jokes my girls have told me.. 

And they do tell me.. 

Really..

Lots..

The problem is, I was realizing this morning (as Adi was telling me a joke) that I simply don't listen to them.. Like at all.. Like at all, at all..

I have a "laugh" that my girls just expect when they tell me a joke.. I don't even try to do a real laugh.. Its more an annoyed courtesy laugh..

I don't think they're offended, or anything ::whew!::.. But, they're just in that phase where they're trying to tell jokes, and half the time they tell it wrong, they don't get it themselves, or worst of all - they made it up!..

But I was kinda feeling bad about it this morning.. How sad that mom can't even remember (and she's even trying) the joke you just told her.. I hope I'm not totally alone in this, but I'm having some very minor guilt about it.. 

Believe me, I'm not going to lose any sleep about this, but it was one of those "light bulb" moments, and it made me just a little sad.. My poor little aspiring comedians, with a very unappreciative audience.. 

I will try a little harder on this one.. 

5 comments:

Julie M said...

Oh my gosh did this hit home. Just last night Hailey was telling me a "joke" that would be funny to her and our neighbor...that's it...no one else. :-) And I, in my "mother of year" moment told her to save those kind of jokes for CJ because he would think it's funny. I wanted to suck it in the moment it came out as she looked at me and said "You don't?" I spent the next few minutes trying to make up for that comment. So, here's to trying harder... :-)

marcikay said...

Always a relief to know its not just me!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Oh my gosh... the made up ones are torture! I have a fake laugh too but it sounds totally real... I think. Don't feel too bad about it. From what I can gather, their friends think their jokes are hilarious. SOMEONE out there is appreciating them!

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

that is like when baylie is telling me a story and she takes so long that I forget that she is talking to me so I say "What" and she starts all over! UGH!

Bonnie B. said...

Seriously, this is one of the hardest things about being a mom. Trying to laugh at made up jokes that don't make any sense should be enough to qualify a mom for a pretty sweet masion in Heaven!