13 January 2009

Things I feel the need to share..

*see edit below*
  • Can I tell you how much I love boots? (This is in terms of my little girls) Well, in general, way cute, and I looked for them early enough in the season that both little girls have some we like!.. But the best part? Our socks don't have to match! Now, I promise if you were to check, both Savannah and Adi have matching socks on today (well, they match eachother).. You have to know, socks at my house are an endangered species, and are often called (by me) the bane of my existence.. We have issues keeping track of socks.. But with boots? No one knows if your socks match! -your outfit or each other! Boots - they are a beautiful thing, and save my sanity almost daily..
  • Soft foods - So SICK of the soft food diet.. I gave Davy cream of chicken soup on Sunday, you would have thought it was chili.. He was terrified of those tiny pieces of chicken.. He couldn't really find much to eat at work that worked with his psycho version of a soft food diet.. "I only have raspberry yogurt, and I'm worried about those seeds.." He was giddy about having some Cream of Wheat at work, but Byron didn't make Cream of Wheat today "Oatmeal? Too chunky.. It could get down in my.." (He prefers not to take this thought any farther.. He doesn't know where it could go, but he doesn't want it there..) I went and bought him some CoW and you would have thought he was a 6 year old on Christmas morning "Mmmm.. It looks SO good.." I agree, just looking at a big bowl of CoW - so divine! (ha!) I think he was happy to eat it, but not sure it was as delectable as he had imagined - I didn't get any rave reviews after he ate it..
  • Food Network - For some sadistic reason, this is the channel Davy got into all weekend while he couldn't eat anything real.. All through dinner he told me all of the new foods that he has never had, that he is craving.. Great.. We're doing good to have normal dinner at all, let alone Food Network food.. (shoot me now)
  • Little girl fears - ONE time at the beginning of the year, I was about 5 minutes late picking Adi up from dance.. It might as well been an hour, AND maybe she was left alone in the cold and dark.. In reality, she sat and watched the next dance class inside.. Well, needless to say, she has not forgotten this. Luckily, we quickly fixed (okay, not fixed, but put a band-aid on it) this.. Savannah goes and watches her class so Adi isn't alone.. There have been no tears on Tuesdays since we started this.. Forward to today.. Savannah has Activity Days today (in the past they have been on Wed).. Lets just say there is a 7 year old girl whose world is crumbling.. When I wake her in the morning, she is always happy and sweet and generally asks "What today is it?" Not today.. She opened her eyes, her face crumbled, and she cried, "I want Savannah to go to dance with me!" UGH.. (and how is that her very first waking thought?) Can't wait until 3:30 - haha..
  •  I need a USB cable.. I went and bought a new printer last night.. On the instructions it says "May include USB cable".. of course mine didn't, and when I told Davy he said, "We have tons of USB cables!" Well, I can't find one, and I really need to print up my cub scout schedule.. And a resume for Chelsea.. And.. (lets just say, there's a list)
  • Next Blog - have you ever hit that? Up at the top of your blog? It completely confuses me! How is this the "next blog"? Really! Today, for example, the first was in, say, Italian, (I am such a linguist) the next Russian, (pretty sure) then Spanish.. Once I tried it and every one was in Chinese (or some other oriental language) AND each time you look at this, it is different! This confuses me.. Why is it there? Does anyone care about the Next Blog? Is the Next Blog useful to anyone?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to remind Dave it is a soft food diet, not a liquid diet! Be brave, very small chicken particle will not harm you. He should talk to Colton. I think Colton actually gained weight after having his wisdom teeth out. I recommend Hersheys Extra Creamy Chocolate Hearts. Just let it melt in your mouth.

marcikay said...

Yes, I am trying.. I tried to give him mashed potatoes, but he likes pepper on them.. and is afraid of the pepper.. ::sigh::

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Hey, havent' read your blog yet but I need to say that I jsut posted a new blog. But I can't seem to let keep all of my blog sites on when I change backgrounds. So I have to put them in manually everytime I change my background. Urg!!! Why do we mess with this stuff. Oh, right, because it is fun.!!!!haha

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

I will be here. I don't think I have any big plans. haha. I just got the pj's at Target and they didn't have Austin's size. Although when they wear them all they do is run and slide through out the house and that is not very safe in our household. HAHA

Julie M said...

Did you say Dave's afraid of the PEPPER on his mashed potatoes? Those killer pepper particles are just murder after wisdom teeth removal...they should put a warning on the pepper shaker! hahaha He does realize that if it goes right from the fork down the throat that peppers not going anywhere right??!!! :-) I can say that since I'm his sister...I think I'll send him a text about the dangers of pepper and small chicken particles...