28 January 2009

Twilight.. In the eyes of a 4th grader..

Yesterday, Savannah (10 years old) finished Twilight.. She really thinks she is something.. But the funniest part? She found it on the reading counts list at school and took the test on it Monday (before she finished - What the?).. 

Well, she got a 10/10! (Okay, she said the movie helped her on the test - she's seen it twice).. But still! 

AND it was a 25 point book! (and apparently there's something in the reading counts store she has been dying for that is 13 points! (I can hardly wait to see what treasure it is!)

She started New Moon last night.. And I have a feeling she will soon be sporting those shnazzy tattoos inside.. (somehow Chelsea & I never got around to applying them to ourselves.. bummer!) Again, realllllly thinks she's fabulous that she's moving on to the 2nd book.. 

I told her when she started Twilight I wouldn't let her read book 4.. Hmmmm... I don't want to tackle the biting pillows conversation just yet..

Wait.. there's more..

She was telling me how fun it is to play Twilight at recess, because there are so many characters.. and went on to name every (every) character in the book.. 

[Apparently, if you play Narnia there are only 4 characters (what happened to the legions of others?) or Little House on the Prairie there are only 5 (agreed, there's only 5 - she's only read the first 2)..]

I have to wonder, is she playing Twilight at recess???

Or just imagining how great it would be to play Twilight at recess???

Will I be labeled a bad mom now? (to add to my list of other reasons?)
  • lets 10 year old read Twilight
  • has 7 year old that exclusively orders root beer because it looks the most like Diet Coke and mom won't let her order Diet Coke?
  • pretty lax on curfews.. very dependent on who she's with.. if mom trusts the boy, I'm very un-strict about this.. (Debbie - I always trusted him!)
  • many more.. just wanted to list one specifically for each girly..

3 comments:

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

You are not a bad mom. If you are then so am I. Baylie is reading Twlight too. I think she is farther than Dani is in the book. Our kids are too much alike because Coop orders root beer for the same reason. haha

Patti Epperson said...

I don't know if I am allowed to say that Robbie has read Twilight and New Moon. The worst part is I have lent all my books out (probably to people in Washington) and I have had to buy them over again for Robbie. Jake has started reading Twilight now also. Some how I have justified it because they are boys!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I'm trying to imagine what "playing Twilight" must entail... a lot of snarling through teeth and crouching I guess? Oh, and laying together in the dark all night. Yikes!! Jack wanted to read it. I said fine. He got a chapter into it and decided it was boring. He liked the movie though.

PS AG Bunkbeds for VALENTINE'S DAY??? Man, I wish I was a little girl in your house! All I ever got was some candy and a pencil with hearts on it!