05 January 2009

Back to reality..

Well, here we are, January 5th, back to real life.. For some of the Walkers, I guess.. Isn't this just the way it works? Chelsea, of course, has not been real excited about school starting back up.. She is all about sleeping in and no homework.. Savannah will say she's not excited, but I think she really is.. She has a GREAT teacher, and I know she misses some of her school friends.. Then there is Adi, who is DYING for school to start.. LOVES school, LOVES her teacher, LOVES her friends, LOVES being on a schedule.. As we were getting ready for bed last night (at 7! Yay!) I thought I saw the beginnings of pinkeye (glassy, goopy, PINK) in my little gal.. I promptly gave her some drops and said a little prayer that it would be cleared up by morning..

Cut to this morning, fingers crossed, entering the little girls' bedroom.. to find a 7 year old with her eyes crusted shut.. ::dang:: Needless to say she was heartbroken.. Sorry about the picture quality, its from my phone.. (the tears! I can't stand it!)
Poor little thing! Isn't that sad? It doesn't really show the crusty/pink, but definitely portrays the sorrow.. Why does it seem to work out that way? The one who is genuinely excited to head back to school is the one now cozily laying in my bed watching Playhouse Disney.. (I did go get her some McD breakfast, a tiny reward for a bad morning..)


So.. My tree(s) taking down may have to wait.. Ugh.. I hate this chore, and feel like I just barely put them up! 

7 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Oh man! This post is a heart breaker! I think the grainy, artistic quality of the picture really drives home the misery... I cringed away from the computer when I scrolled down to it. Yuckituh.

My Christmas has been down since Jan 1. I'm a bahhumbugger that way.

marcikay said...

i would LOVE to already have my Christmas down.. its a little thing called procrastination!

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

That picture broke my heart. She looks so sad. Good luck with taking down your Christmas I did mine on Saturday. I almost cried taking it down I love having it up. The Nativity is the hardest part I think. Well good luck with Miss Adi I hope she starts feeling better.

Julie M said...

Oh poor little Adi...I want to hug her right through the computer!
And probably to no ones shock our Christmas stuff has been down since Dec 29th...we are the TRUE bahhumbuggers! I actually just needed to restore order to restore my sanity. :-)

marcikay said...

just to update all those interested.. i DID get my christmas down today! Adi, in her typical self, couldn't not help! (and the great thing is, she is VERY helpful!)

Bonnie B. said...

Poor Adi!!! I hope her eyes are better soon. I'm just like Chelsea. I love the sleeping in. And, I liked having the kids home.
I procrastinate the taking down of Christmas, too. It's definitely not as fun as putting it up.

Unknown said...

Those little tears are so precious. I can't even imagine wanting to go to school that bad.